Thursday, February 11, 2010

From NC to NYC to NC!

It's been a while since I've last blogged but that's because 2010 has been a whirlwind of a year already. I am still loving every minute of my new adventures here in the Big City despite the occasional still missing the bus by 10 seconds or the hike up the infamous hill by my apartment that would wind even an Olympian. We were hammered this week with a huge snow and I was out in the gusts and downpour of flakes just yesterday thinking "what am I doing out here...really?"

This weekend I leave for North Carolina, my home state, to work with NC Theatre and their first production of this season's Broadway series, The Full Monty. The show will star Sally Struthers, Broadway actor Jarrod Emick, and Raleigh talent Ira David Wood, III. I have worked with David before in five seasons of his annual mammoth production of A Christmas Carol which is performed on the same stage that The Full Monty will appear. I will be a member of the Ensemble and this production is making me an Equity Actor. I am thrilled! Thanks so much to NCT and Carolee! You can find out more information about the production at www.nctheatre.com.

Since my last blog, the Christmas season has come and gone in NYC. As the saying goes, "there is nothing like Christmas in New York" and that is certainly true. The window decorations at Macy's, Sax, and Bergdorf Goodman were insane, totally works of art and truly awesome. I will say, while quite grand, the tree at Rockefeller Center seems much taller on television than in person but it was still a site and those lights, I'm just glad I didn't have to put them on...or take them off. And there's nothing like crossing off your shopping list while you dash in and out of the stores in this town. If you can't find a great gift in NYC then you just aren't looking. My family really loved their "I LOVE NY" tshirts. I mean, I had to.

I still find that I have to pinch myself at certain moments when I'm walking the streets of Manhattan and realize, I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY! It's totally surreal and yet feels like a perfect fit. You can just smell the opportunity, even when your nose is so cold you can't feel it run. I love it here. Plain and simple.

Look for more posts coming in the next few weeks as I head for NC to be a part of this fun production. Until then...dream on.

With love,

josh

2 comments:

  1. I lived in NYC for 10 years before moving to Nashville and loved every minute of it! So glad you are getting this amazing life experience! Multiple blessings to you Josh!

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents and I were just talking about buying tickets to The Full Monty! We can't miss it now! That's so exciting that you'll be in it! Have a safe trip "home" :)

    ReplyDelete