Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Two Months Gone! What?






This week will mark two months for my arrival in New York City! It actually feels like I've been here much longer, which is not a complaint, believe me. While I am glad to be getting more used to shuffling around the city (hello, there are like a gazillion ways to manuever around this place), I am still pinching myself at times when I walk down Broadway with a Starbucks in my hand or work on a TV set, like today, and see NIGEL BARKER just casually walk by with his drop dead gorgeous wife. I mean, really. Not to mention earlier in the holding room this girl walks up beside me and it's Claire from one of the past seasons of America's Next Top Model. I just kept waiting for Tyra to jump out of the bushes! This is definitely a place where things are happening and that feels great.

I had my first visitor to the big city a few weeks ago. The original encourager of the blog, my friend, Linda, came to celebrate her Bday in big NYC fashion. We had lots of fun trotting around the streets, hitting great eats like Shake Shake, Balthazar, and Mister Softee (ice cream on wheels!). We also got to see the show "Groovaloo" which features the dance group that won on the recent TV show, "Superstars of Dance." Linda knows how to cook and so she did for me and my roommate...it was insane. Be on the look out for Linda's cooking show someday. I am going to be a producer on it. Seriously, watch for it!

The chill has started to come and I hear it's going to be a crazy winter. While I love the cold I am sure I will have some interesting tales of me fighting the snow, sleet, and wind. Bring it on... I think I have had one white Christmas in my whole life so a ton of snow I am welcoming. I think. Brrrrr....

And if you are a TV watcher, check me out on upcoming episodes of White Collar (USA), CSI:NY (CBS), and Nurse Jackie (Showtime). I am not sure exactly when the episodes will air but they should be in the next few weeks. Just some extra work but it's been really fun to be on set and get more involved in the television community.

Okay, I guess that's it for now. Enjoy some pics of my recent weeks here. The cruise ship was taking off down the Hudson River on Sunday when I was sitting on a bench reading by the water. Some others are just awesome buildings I have stumbled across through my adventures around town and a shot from Central Park when my friend Chuck helped me move here.

Lots of love and hugs to all the people I miss.


Until next time...

josh

3 comments:

  1. Josh, Very proud of you. Keep the blog going. It helps with the missing Josh factor for the girls at the studio. Stay safe and have a ball. Love the pictures. Keep them coming. Blessings. Sandra Kiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! sounds exciting! I'll remember to look you up if I'm EVER in NYC! Congrats on all the TV gigs - I look forward to seeing you on CSI! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi josh this is Bryn Seidl I miss you and
    love ya

    ReplyDelete