Thursday, September 10, 2009

Week 4 in The Big City


I think I have the hang of this blogging now...you know me, I'm an actor, so it has to be a production, nothing basic. Blah. So things are seeming to click along here as I'm working on my fourth week here in NY. It has been busy, busy, busy and I'm am adapting well to all the changes.


I'm trying to include some photos from my first month's journey that I captured from my phone so hopefully that will work and you can see part of what I've been seeing. To recap a little, I've made several trips to Central Park, had quite a few cups of Soy Chai Latte in Midtown, mostly sitting at a small table people-watching, seen several celebrities - Julia Stiles, David Letterman, Andy Rodick, Rachael Ray, and America Ferrera, and was actually on a taping of Letterman in one of his outdoor scenes by the Ed Sullivan Theatre, shopped several times in Soho (love that area), been to several Broadway auditions and saw a girl I knew from NC and did theatre with 10 years ago. And on my Birthday I'm standing on the corner of the street, waiting for the crosswalk light to change and I hear my name being called out...out of 8.5 million people I actually ran in to someone that knew me, on my Birthday just south of Columbus Circle...this place is really small, don't let the population fool you. So adventurous and fun this month has been, there is no doubt.


I have really taken a liking to Hoboken, NJ too...it's a quaint town adjacent to Jersey City and where I will be doing some work with a dance studio this year. They are the home of Carlo's which is the famous bakery featured on the TLC show called "Cake Boss." They have AMAZING brownies...they dip them in sugar. Yum! 'And during the summer they show movies out on an open lawn/park with the NYC skyline as the backdrop. I went and saw "Coraline" there the other week but the rain booted us out before it was finished. Oh well...I am sure I will be here next summer!


So to wrap this week I am heading to an audition/seminar tonight to meet with a talent agent. Next week brings about several auditions and who knows what else adventures. And of course tomorrow is 9/11 so I am sure it will be a moving and reflective weekend. They are already shining the beams of light from Ground Zero. I actually captured a pretty good photo on my camera so hopefully that will show up well here on the blog.


Until next time here from NYC!


josh

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting your blog, Josh! I will totally follow you - never having been to NYC and always had a huge hankering to go. Good luck with all your auditions - someone's going to snag you up and soon after give themselves a huge pat on the back for "discovering" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will look forward to reading all about your adventures in NYC! Love you, old friend!
    Tracey Dudley Walls

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I'm so glad you moved to NYC, it seems like it suits you well!! Our friends live in Hoboken, NJ. That's where we stayed when we visited!! Loved NYC! Good luck on the auditions!

    ReplyDelete