Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My first blog in NYC

So per the request of my friend Linda, I decided to start a blog about my new adventures in NEW YORK CITY! I hope the blogs that follow will inspire, entertain, education, and lift your spirits in some way. This city can definitely do that. Who knows what will come about in these blogs, although I am sure a lot of it will be about the places I discover, the food I eat, and the people that I meet, or at least pass on the street. That in and of itself will be enough to keep us all entertained.

So, I guess I will just start with today b/c it might be hard to go back over the last two weeks and recount everything. Although I will try to bring back some highlites.

Today I had an audition for the Broadway musical "Wicked." It was a dance audition which turned out to be pretty challenging. Cool thing is I ran into a guy I met through the "Wizard of Oz" tour that came through Nashville just back in January. It's a small world and you would never think in a city of 8.5 MILLION people that you would run in to people that you know, but ya do.

So before I hit the audition I ate lunch at a new place for me (there will be lots of those to come!) called "brgr." Loved the spelling and despite being a vegetarian I thought I would check it out b/c the DID have a veggie burger on the menu and the decor was rocking. The coolest thing about the restaurant was the bathroom door assignment...two bathrooms, one labeled "Carnivore" and the other, can a I get a woo woo, "VEGETARIAN." Of course I used the VEGGIE facilities, I have to pay homage to my peeps when I can.

I took a photo on my phone of the doors because they were just too funny. I will try and upload these pics so you can get a good laugh.

Ok, that seems long enough for a blog right? Live vicariously through me if you wish. NYC is a grrrrrrrrrrrreat place and the end of the day was topped with a warm orange sky in the western view with a full moon hanging over Manhattan as I waited for the Light Rail to get to my apartment. Pretty sweet!

Well....peace, love and blessings from the city that never sleeps, except at my place in about an hour.

xoxo
josh

4 comments:

  1. bravo, my dear! congrats on your first bloggie! *muah* - Lp

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! glad to see I can keep up with you on here! You better post more than I did when I started a blog! haha! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should post about what brought you to NYC to begin with. Some people, like myself, wonder what inspired the change. :) All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Josh,

    We miss you! If you want "porkalicious" Thanksgiving, you can join the Barnes' family!

    ReplyDelete